2,005 households who purchased homes with in the last two years were polled by the National Association of Realtors to determine their preferences for the 2013 “New Home Buyers Profile”
Here are some of the major findings:
- 57% of home buyers purchased a home with a fireplace
- 78% chose a house with a garage
- 41% bought a house with a basement
- New kitchen appliances and eat in kitchens were most important
- 47% preferred having a laundry room – 89% of those ended up buying a home with a laundry room
- 68% of buyers who thought a skylight was somewhat important actually bought a home with a skylight
- 65% of home buyers found air conditioning VERY important in their home search
- Among home buyers of 55 and older 42% found a one-level home very important vs. only 11% of home buyers 35 or younger
- Rooms that had the highest dollar value that buyers were willing to pay was a basement and an in-law suite
- The majority of recent buyers would like to have larger clo by sets and more storage space.
- 97% of home buyers were happy with their purchase.
Photo: by Ed Dale
Call me if you’d like to look at homes with certain features. Call or text 719-321-0800
You may also enjoy: