THE ULTIMATE GUIDE FOR BUYING YOUR DREAM HOME
Looking to buy a home in the Springs, but don’t know where to start? We understand. The process can be intimidating. You need to do research on Colorado Springs neighborhoods, school districts, get a pre-approval letter, and browse hundreds of MLS listings, before even making an offer!
It’s a challenging process, but finding a great Colorado Springs real estate agent can make the process easy and (dare we say) fun! Our team of knowledgeable realtors know that not everyone buys a home the same way. We work with each of our buyers individually. Tell us what you have in mind, and we’ll create a home buying plan that fits your needs.
If you are a first time home buyer, or even an experienced buyer, there is a lot to consider. We will help ensure you are set up for success.
SOME OF THE WAYS WE SUPPORT YOU
- From brand new single-family homes to existing homes, we have access to the latest listings that fit your exact criteria. We know the El Paso County housing market like the back of our hand, and we will be with you every step of the way!
- We provide access to your own home-buying website with all properties that fit your criteria. You can make notes, reject properties, and select your favorites.
- We negotiate with the listing agent on your behalf or equip you to be in the best possible place for negotiations.
- We explain contracts and disclosures while navigating you through all aspects of the home-buying process (inspection, title work, deadlines, closing procedures, etc).
- We answer your questions before, during and after your home is purchased.
STEPS TO BUY A HOME
First: Download our Home Buyer Guide. It has all of the steps for buying a home in Colorado Springs rolled into one, easy to navigate document.
Second: Sign up for Listing Alerts with us. You fill out your home preferences and we send you an alert as soon as a home you might love becomes available.
Last: Read our detailed blog posts below that explain each step of the home buying process:
Step 1: Find a realtor
Step 2: Get pre-approved for a mortgage
Step 3: Download the Home Buyer Guide
Step 4: Find the home of your dreams
Step 5: Time for showings
Step 6: Make an offer
Step 7: Schedule the home inspection
Step 8: Deliver your earnest money check
Step 10: Give notice to your landlord (only applies to tenants who are currently renting)
Step 11: Don’t spend extra money
Step 12: What is the inspection period?
Step 13: Tips for attending the inspection
Step 14: Read the inspection report
Step 15: The appraisal
Step 16: Schedule the closing
Step 17: Hire movers and start packing
Step 18: Set up your utilities
Step 19: Set up home owners insurance
Step 20: Get your down payment ready
Step 21: Do you want a home warranty?
Step 22: What is clear to close?
Step 23: Attend the walk through
Step 24: Wire transfer your down payment
Step 25: Attend closing
Step 26: Wrapping things up