When it’s snowing in Colorado Springs, kids and grownups put their snow gear on and head outside for some winter fun. Really anything with a bit of incline is fun to slide down. If you prefer to have a destination in mind when taking off with your sledding crew, this list of unofficial sledding hills will help you find lots of fun – fast. No patience needed.
Tips for a successful sledding adventure:
- Remember that our snow doesn’t last long in the strong Colorado sun, so it’s ideal to head out while the snow is still falling.
- Keep a close eye on younger kids since popular sledding hills can get busy and it’s easy for little ones to get run over in the chaos.
- Be beware of stumps and sticks sticking out of the ground.
- Check over the sledding area before taking your first run to make sure it’s free from hazards.
Sledding Options in Colorado Springs
Bear Creek Regional Park
21st Street & West Rio Grande Ave. Colorado Springs, CO 80906 and at the recreational park across Cresta
There are opportunities to sled in several places throughout the park.
Broadmoor Bluffs Park
5315 Farthing Dr Colorado Springs, CO 80906
Fun, gentle sledding at this neighborhood park.
Quail Lake Park
915 Cheyenne Mountain Blvd. Colorado Springs, CO 80906
Adventurous, steep sledding but it can get busy with bigger kids.
2112 North Murray Blvd. Colorado Springs, CO 80909
Very gentle slope for sledding. Small neighborhood park.
1910 North Circle Dr Colorado Springs, CO 80909
Great hill at the park: gentle but still good enough to get some speed. Larger space so there’s plenty of room even if it gets busy.
Van Diest Park
1520 South Chelton Rd Colorado Springs, CO 80910
Very gentle slope.
Mesa Ridge High School
6070 Mesa Ridge Parkway, Colorado Springs, Co 80911
As with most school sledding areas there is lots of room to sled and park.
Village Green Park
3590 Carefree Circle North Colorado Springs, CO 80917
Jack Templeton Park (High Chaparral Open Space)
5347 Rose Ridge Ln, Colorado Springs, CO 80917
Definitely a great place for sledding with a short but steeper slope than other locations.
Cottonwood Creek Park
7040 Rangewood Dr Colorado Springs, CO 80918
Great sledding location but it will get busy.
14950 Meadowland Blvd, Colorado Springs, CO 80918
Mountain Shadows Park
5151 Flying W Ranch Rd Colorado Springs, CO 80919
Trailblazer Elementary School
2015 Wickes Road, Colorado Springs, Co 80919
1315 Carlson Dr. Colorado Springs, CO 80919
Hewlett Packard Hill in Rockrimmon
305 S. Rockrimmon Blvd., Colorado Springs, CO 80919
John Venezia Community Park in Briargate
3555 Briargate Pkwy., Colorado Springs, CO 80920
Good slope on the southern border of the new park.
Kathleen O’Neal Marriage Park
2320 Amberwood Ln Colorado Springs, CO 80920
This is a fun long slope for sledding! It’s a must visit!
Jenkins Middle School
6410 Austin Bluffs Pkwy, Colorado Springs, CO 80923
Great slopes to sled!
Eugene McCleary Park
5214 Pioneer Mesa Dr. Colorado Springs, CO 80923
Garden of the Gods
1805 N. 30th St, Colorado Springs, CO 80904 (Off Niabara Trail-East side)
Woodmoor Commons Toboggan Hill Monument
Deer Creek Rd.
A big park with a long but not too steep slope.
Sledding Options in Teller County
Mueller State Park
4 different hills for different ages. Park entrance fee required.
Rampart Sled Hill
Take Rampart Range Road almost up to Road 312 and the hill will be on your right side. Great slope and long enough to build some speed.
Sledding and Tubing throughout Colorado
Here’s a great list of tubing options beyond the Front Range. Please note the new COVID restrictions in the tubing parks and resort tubing areas. Reservations are required and same day reservations might not be available.
- High Country Tubing Park in Pagosa Springs
- Ski Hesperus and Purgatory Resort (formerly Durango Mountain Resort) in Durango
- Vail’s Adventure Ridge and Ellefson Park, Vail
- Yee-Haw Hill at Saddleback Ranch in Steamboat Springs
- Keystone’s Adventure Point in Keystone – Tubing hills are on top of the mountain. Be sure to check out the snow fort next to the tubing hill!
- Haymaker Tubing Hill in Beaver Creek
- Powderhorn Mountain Resort in Grand Junction
- Ski Granby Ranch in Granby
- Coca-Cola Tube Park in Winter Park
- Colorado Adventure Park, in Fraser
- Kendall Mountain, in Silverton
- Carter Park, in Breckenridge
- Scott Carpenter Park and Tantra Lake, Boulder
- Kroh Park, Loveland
- Frisco Adventure Park
- Hidden Valley (in Rocky Mountain State Park) via Ridgeline Hotel
- Copper Mountain Tubing Hill
- The Meadows at Elk Camp in Snowmass
- Snow Mountain Ranch Sledding and Tubing in Winter Park
- Firecracker Sledding Hill in Telluride
Do you have a sledding spot not on this list? Share it with us so everyone can enjoy the winter fun! Click the picture below to subscribe to our blog for information on Colorado Springs living and real estate.