You are ready to sell your home! Realtor interviews are set up and you have your questions ready. But there will be questions that you need to be prepared to answer as well. It is best to assemble all the documents and information right away in order to be ready to list and promptly move things forward. Start with these items:
1. Your most recent home appraisal (if available).
2. Your last mortgage statement.
3. Complete a list of your favorite features of the property.
4. Complete a list of all new (or recent) upgrades in the home.
5. Assemble all information pertaining to the home:
- Instruction manuals
- Receipts of improvements if applicable
- Certificates, guarantees, warranties
- Paint colors
- Supplier information
6. Any documents referring to taxes, special assessments, or other plans pertaining to house and neighborhood.
7. Extra key(s) ready for the lock-box.
8. Pay off any mortgage penalties.
9. Copy of ILC or survey if applicable.
11. Copy of a floor plan, if available.
12. Gather all Common Interest Community Documents from your HOA.
13. Party Wall Agreements.
14. Minutes of the most recent Annual Owners’ Meeting (this might be on their website).
15. Minutes of any directors meetings within the past 6 months.
16. Most recent financial documents (annual balance sheet, annual income and expenditure statement, annual budget, reserve study).
17. Complete the Sellers Property Disclosure Form (the agent will provide this).
18. Copy of applicable leases if the home or any part of it or leased or rented.
20. If you have leased items in your home that will convey, have copy of the lease documents available as well.