This weekend’s cooler weather sure has us thinking about Halloween! Get your costumes ready, carve your pumpkins, gather your candy, and check out our list of great trick or treating and Halloween events around Colorado Springs. (You know we love a good list of activities. Be sure to take a gander at Fall Activities, Things to Do in Colorado Springs, and Top 10 Christmas Activities.)
Great Trick or Treating Events:
1. Boo at the Zoo (Starting October 19 and continuing on select October evenings)
This is always a popular event for kids to trick or treat in a safe enviorment while also being able to enjoy the zoo environment. All candy provided is made with sustainable palm oil. Check the website for details.
2. Spook Out Shoot Out (October 19-21 & 26-28)
This event at World Golf and Sand Creek Golf Course includes trick or treating, hayrides, Giant Punkin Chunkin Slingshots, and much more. Costume contests every night.
3. Boo at the Bridge (October 20)
Trick or treating, Native American dancers, carnival games, and much more at the Royal Gorge Bridge.
4. Bass Pro Great Pumpkin Celebration (Various dates in October; trick or treating October 27 & 31)
Free trick or treating at Bass Pro Shop. Check website for dates that also include crafts, pumpkin tosses and costume parades.
5. Chapel Hills Mall-o-Ween (October 31)
Free trick or treating through the mall. This is an especially great option if the weather isn’t ideal for trick or treating outdoors.
6. Gold Hill Mesa Trick or Treating (October 31)
This unique community is perfect for safe trick or treating with little ones! (Be sure to also check out their Fall Harvest Festival on October 13).
7. Pro Tip: if you’re looking for a great neighborhood to trick or treat ON Halloween, the Nextdoor app usually ranks the top trick or treating neighborhoods in Colorado Springs each year.
Uniquely Fun Halloween Events
1. Frights and Pints (Various evenings in October)
Springs Beer Tours offers this spooky version of their walking beer tour of Manitou Springs.
2. Zombie Ball (October 26)
Enjoy a fun Halloween Dance at the Cliff House in Manitou Springs. Complimentary drink included with each ticket.
2. Emma Crawford Coffin Races (October 27)
A “fun and crazy” event truly unique to Manitou Springs. Teams create coffins and race them in honor of Emma Crawford, a Manitou Springs resident who died in 1891.
3. Halloween Event at the Dinosaur Resource Center (October 27)
This fun event includes Halloween stories, a costume contest and parade, and treat bags every child.
4. Mystery Bash (October 28)
The Colorado Springs Fine Arts Center is hosting “a party to die for.” The event includes a costume contest, music, food trucks, and live entertainment.
5. Howl-o-Ween (October 28)
This Colorado Wolf and Wildlife Center event passes out meat-filled pumpkins to all of the wolves, and offers a bonfire and refreshments.
6. Beasts and Bikes (October 31)
The Buffalo Lodge Bicycle Resort is hosting this special Halloween ride through Garden of the Gods. Be sure to wear a bicycle themed costume or decorate your bike!
Want to have a Halloween themed family movie night? Check out this schedule of Halloween movies for the month of October: 31 Nights of Halloween.
Want to stay up to date on all the Colorado Springs happenings and real estate? Subscribe to our blog and be the first to know!